Monday, April 26, 2010

Laser Surgery Erosion Cervix

Enchantment (Sharing Knife 1): Lois McMaster Bujold: Lalaland


The young Fawn has fled the family farm. It crosses his path Walkers patrol the lake. Rumors circulate about these enigmatic soldier-sorcerers from the northern forests: they practiced black magic and had only their clothes and weapons, mysterious knives made of human bones. They are engaged in a perilous struggle against evil beings, inhuman and immortal creatures that suck the life from anything that crosses their path, and make men slaves and animals. Fawn learns to his cost ... and tie its fate unexpectedly to a veteran patrolman, Dag Hickory. A destiny of dangers and pleasures she never imagined ...
(beguiler 2006)

If you should never judge a book by its cover, I admit to that is to buy them, things are quite different. Yes, Yes! I confess! I cracked! As always I bought this book for its coverage and pretty without even reading the summary ... (and in any case summaries, it is always full of anything or not spoiler? And anyway it OCCAZ was then its not really count, mitigating Judge) (and then shit, I want to buy first!).

Then as usual, shame on me, poor little remained some time on my radiator (eg nest of my PAL, became my closet if you want to know all small band of curious) because, having finally read the summary came to me (yes I am a woman of contradiction) I ' I had no desire to read yet another story of fantasy with magic, weird names, wicked villains, bloody battles and still bloody battles (and sometimes heroic, too), a quest, a virgin and her prince charming so sexy . So sexy man sexy man or not, my little book stayed there, all alone (well ok entry circled) on the radiator to take the dust.

Then came a story, Blood Opera, which I returned, as always because of Tanith Lee's hard and overwhelming, unhealthy and obsessive. So I needed benchmarks, codes, hope and love of a simple book, short, golden, golden cover this one was yellow, he does not need me more. Thus lightened my PAL (very temporarily) and my column last few prolegomena started after this long (again, I ask your indulgence!).

The beginning is simple , it takes place following the codes kind which the author is a regular cycle after several very famous. The writing is fluid, precise style, pages quietly flowing, without effort or surprise.
although stereotypical characters quickly become endearing and even if alternation thoughts between the characters was a bit annoyed at first (I do not like this narrative method in general), it becomes natural very quickly (we feel that the author is not at his first attempt in this genre) and even very pleasant (see the two visions of our hero brings us scenes and quite tender as funny as the scene of the fall from a horse!).

This book surprised me, however, quickly (everything is relative in surprise) because he is being nothing seems to be in this world, fantasy is no exception to this proverb. So we quickly realized that the side-magician-hero battle is actually a background carefully woven by an expert in the field to highlight a very beautiful (and very complicated) love story between a hero and not so sexy not so virgin a virgin (thus more surprise for you on the story by cons, but hey it's not really a spoiler ^ ^).

After so many books of battles and "political" the author expressed his desire to focus on characters and their relationship , which is without knowing I really needed at this time. Because my friends it works well with this background worked well bringing this story of a young woman forced to flee her home and an old hero penguin (yes!) who needs a new reason live, all mixed with a true rainbow background, the world is in danger because of mysterious creatures all yuck.

So ok, this is all very classic no big surprise or originality. Ok heroes are a bit annoying at times (like I'll loose SPOILER full table we married, thanks mister psychology END SPOILER). Ok it's bluette sauce fantasy. But the story is well done, catchy, with a background very neat and endearing characters.
This was a pleasant surprise for me after a hard book psychologically, I had a great time despite saddest passages there is relaxing, captivating, sweet, feelings are developing nicely but without major silliness (not Meyer's either they have the character of those!).

Then frustration, intense . Aaaaargh. There is no end! I did not know it but in fact it is a story cut into two! So of course I buy fissa spinning due later history to finally have the family's reaction to Dag and see what they looked like these walkers Lake anyway! I trust you!

7 / 10 A pretty love story, driven by a background working in a very traditional world but certainly fascinating. Something to rest the mind after a complicated book ...

Edit: In reading this column I said that I should reread this book in psychologically normal conditions, but I doubt that it is possible for me lol.

Info: This book is divided into two parts. There exists a sequence, itself divided into two parts that it focuses more on the outcome of political and military conflicts of this world, but always with our two heroes at the center. What makes us so well there are two books themselves divided into two or a set of 4 volumes. Thank you math!

Alooors for music, I have absolutely no idea why this title was in my head right now, but this was the case then ... No comment lol



0 comments:

Post a Comment