Monday, April 26, 2010

I Learned To Suck My Own Dick

Witchling (Sisters of the Moon 1), Yasmine Galenorn When danger lurks

We're the D'Artigo sisters: half-human, half-fairy, CIA agents of Shadowlands. Be a fairy in your world gives many advantages: we're pretty well received, unlike our counterparts a little less, well ... sexy. Unfortunately, our ancestry we sometimes plays tricks. When she panics, my sister Delilah turns into a cat. Menolly, she is a vampire who tries to adjust to his condition. As for me? Camille ... I'm a witch. Except that my magic is as unpredictable as the weather, and that, my enemies will learn to their cost!

(Witchling, 2006)

* even bought a book because of its coverage * blush * but what do you, I love purple! *

Once upon a time (in the town of Faith? * Check * aaa not) three sisters exiled from their magical world, the witch, the other vampire, and the third cat-garou, with to be common points sexy, independent, strong and have a propensity to screw up everything , Delilah (the naive emotional) changes at the wrong time (poor Chase ^ ^), spells of Camille (the slut Service hyper sexy of course) are unpredictable, and Mellony (the frustrated angry and slightly depressed at the edges) is forced to go to vampires anonymous, of course, is causing a lot of scenes (well a lot ... everything is relative!) comical and funny ( same remark).

I appreciated these characters, endearing even if the vampire sister to me now less convinced, we do see little in this volume, especially since it is told from the perspective of Camille . The bestiary is not very original but well-used and pleasant (a dragon just weird, two men and a sexy gargoyle so cute ^ ^).

universe in place is quite nice and without transcendent originality history portals between worlds I liked, however, this aspect is treated only very superficially in favor of sentimental disappointments of our heroines unconvincing the rest. Also the style is pretty flat, punctuated by some passages and dialogues besides being totally unnecessary to the progression of the story are raw (as in the stores under clothing example of vulgarity appropriate), which has the effect of break the rhythm of history (it was like ... ahh but why she writes CAAA? aaah why but she said çaaaaa?? or pfffffff).
The story of the seals is also super classic and I am afraid that the series (since yes, it's a series) not running at all weird Horxcruz Harry Potter (but I can assure you that the comparison THE HP stops!).


In Brief: This first volume is a interesting universe with endearing characters and a story entertaining but unfortunately weighed down by a poor style and lack of originality, punctuated vulgarity (I'm not prudish, nor vulgarity few cons but when it serves the history or that it relates to the character, or if it is misplaced here!) and unnecessary passages. I do however have, it will therefore be necessary that I read more because it is written from the perspective of two sisters (Volume 2 of Delilah and three Menolly), or the characters I was quite pleased to that wants to get into their heads ^ ^ ( and then who knows a miracle can happen! All this potential can be finally be well exploited! * Dream *)


6 / 10 For what I'm easy, it remains to book lovers Bit bed, the other can not live without regrets! (And Mercy Thompson read a good example lol)


Trivia: Small wink with Mori in Japan that made me happy because I managed to recognize direct the word kitsune, fox ^ ^ * mode'm proud of for nothing * at all

Library: A note to all those who have not read above (small lazy!), this book is the first volume of a series, each volume is written as point of view of each sister.


RB: Monster - Lady Gaga (representing well the relationship Camille / Trillian in my opinion and then j'aaaaaime this song, without comment Aki!)

0 comments:

Post a Comment