Saturday, February 5, 2011

Naples Bank Of In India

A Study in Scarlet - Arthur Conan Doyle

You are about to make a trip back in time. And you will not even attach to your belt! Ready ... Let's go! ... .... You're there! You are at the same time last year but it is pretty good, I return to Toulon after partial and my writing this review then I think you've published. The household is on my blog and my computer these days I have proven my mistake, so while voila, you're kind of claim a year younger;)

A Study in scarlet , 1887
A man is found dead in an uninhabited house in the heart of one of the darkest areas of London. Around him, traces of blood, although the body had no injuries. Puzzling Lestrade and Gregson, the detectives of Scotland Yard.

Ah! My second Sherlock Holmes after seeing the movie (yes, to my great shame I had never read one before the movie and I was curious to know if HS was also stamped and to my delight, the answer was yes) , so I have confessed that sometimes Sherlock and Watson had the head of Robert Downey Jr and Jude Law and I must also confess that this did not displease me, but nevermind. And this time I must say that I am much more convinced by the first part at least (I must clarify, however, since you do not know that my life was my first the Hound of the Baskervilles, which m ' has left quite doubtful).



HS is a truly fascinating character , artistic genius loufdingue trend, through the eyes of a Watson who have just him. Start with by this book is for those who do not yet know SH is recommended since we also discover the surprises thanks to observations of Watson and this is all the more enjoyable (the highlight of the list just awesome !) and disconcerting (dialogues explaining how it is good to know that the earth revolves around the sun instead of in-depth knowledge of all types of cigar butts, or how to change the planet without moving their sofa ^ ^) but always fair, although the style is sometimes a bit bombastic.

enchainent pages, we follow HS & Watson, then the survey comes to us a good laugh from these two police totally lost, but always endearing characters like most . SH then feels compelled to do his little thing in his corner that we are frustrated at the highest point, just like Watson, who in fact is we (Watson and yeah we are! I'm finally a doctor! * Calms down and resumes his brain *). patatra Then, everything collapses. Comes the second part.

While virtually no questions are resolved, while we here in America to endless chapters the land of Mormons for a story of revenge enough boat, which could have explained all in all we be much faster by the killer himself during his interrogation without these long (long) descriptions . But again, placing the book in its time I guess he was dreaming drive time who had not already seen 100 times all these pictures (we are a generation of jaded life and even dresses in meat does astonish us more).

Finally a third part of Watson's voice resumed, there is a HS jaded and ironic as it likes . Decidedly red in this study, although a bit leaden in the middle is strong pleasant and made me want to find our two friends on new adventures!

7 / 10 Because the meeting between Sherlock Holmes and Watson, it does not fail!

Preview: my favorite passage, I twisted laugh! Here is the famous list compiled by Watson after his meeting with SH, to say the least .. surprising

" Sherlock Holmes, his knowledge:
1 - literature - zero
2 - philosophy - zero
3 - Astronomy - zero
4 - in politics - low
5 - botany - Special. Rests on belladonna, opium, all the poisons in general. Do not know anything gardening.
6 - geology - but small practices (...)
7 - chemistry - depth
8 - anatomy - but without exact system
9 - In literature sensation - Immense. Seems to have all the details of every horrible crime committed during the century
10 - Plays the violin well
11 - Is a very clever cane, boxing, fencing
12 - A a good working knowledge of English laws. "

For Info:

- Holmes appears for the first time in 1887 and will operate in 56 new and 4 novels until 1927.
- The 222 B Baker Street did not exist at time of Conan Doyle, but now you can find this address the first museum on a fictional character in the world.
- "Elementary my dear Watson!" THE catchphrase of HS is in fact never appeared in his stories! It is actually in the first talkie that our beloved detective uses it for the first time.


MP3 : Because we can not leave the most famous of English without a little Rock English , we leave with Golden Touch Razorlight which a sentence of words made me think Sherlock. 


    " You know what they mean
      Well they mean, they're just jealous
      Because they never do the things
      They wish that they could do so well "


0 comments:

Post a Comment